As a leader in retail security, we provide high-quality, cost-effective security products and services to a variety of retailers across northern Indiana and southern Michigan.
The high-volume, fast-paced environment of retail stores presents an obvious need for security systems, but we often find they are not maximized to the operator’s benefit. Our goal in every installation is to provide store operators with as much information as possible while deterring theft and maintaining highly cost-effective systems.
Some of the common solutions we offer retail stores include:
• Intrusion alarms
• Video surveillance, typically digital video recorders paired with analog cameras
• Two-way voice communications between pumps and clerks
• Audio systems for background music inside and outside of the store
Video surveillance is one of the most important components in a strong retail security system. It often prevents theft, including employee theft, which requires particular attention to curb. We have a wealth of experience designing security systems for convenience and retail stores, and we know each location can present unique security challenges and demands. Working closely with clients, we design video surveillance around each store’s specific layout, working to select camera types and locations that provide maximum coverage and benefit. In addition to assuring the optimal field of view, this may also include mounting cameras in prime deterrent locations when necessary.
See More, Know More
In addition to standard camera options, like box or dome, we also provide some specialty options. While not all security companies provide these components, we feel they can add significant value to surveillance systems.
Customer view monitors – These monitors are located to allow customers, and often staff, to see activity is taking place across multiple camera views, which typically switch regularly to prevent determining the locations of any blind spots. It’s beneficial to locate a monitor by the cashier area, as it allows staff to keep an eye on all areas of the store while permitting the main monitor to be located with the DVR in a secure location, away from potential theft or damage in a break-in.
Cash register/POS system interface – Superimposing cash register/POS transactions onto the camera image, these systems can be immensely useful in curtailing “sweethearting” (when employees intentionally mischarge to benefit customers) as well as other forms of employee theft. This system can be further enhanced with a searchable database of all previous transactions. Not only does this allow reviewing past transactions easily, you can sort and find transactions by a number of criteria, including a specific product, date or employee.
Smart Intrusion Detection
While video surveillance is a crucial element of retail security and safety systems, so too are intrusion alarm systems. And just like surveillance – which is often integrated with an alarm system – the intrusion alarms we design and install are customized to each location to provide the best coverage value. In addition to basic intrusion detection, our monitored alarms can also be configured with:
• Holdup buttons
• Moisture detectors
• Motion and glass-break sensors
• Smoke and heat detectors
• High/low temperature sensors for coolers
We’ve provided security solutions for a wide variety of convenience stores, from single stores to multi-store operations. Some of our retail customers include:
• Bellman Oil – Argos, Bremen, Granger, Howe, LaPorte, Mishawaka, Plymouth, and Wakarusa, Indiana
• Convenient Mart – Indianapolis, Indiana
• Dean’s Marathon – South Bend, Indiana
• Good Oil – Winamac, Indiana
• Handy Spot – Elkhart and Michigan City, Indiana
• Hoosier Pete’s – Muncie, Indiana
• Jain Express – Culver, Knox, Medaryville, North Judson, and Valparaiso, Indiana
• Lassus Bros. – Ohio
• Luke Oil – Chesterton, Griffith, Hammond, Hobart, Lafayette, Lake Station, Merrillville, Portage, Schererville, Valparaiso, and Whiting, Indiana
• Phil’s C-Stores – Fort Wayne, Indiana
• Raceco – East Chicago and Hammond, Indiana; and University Park, Illiinois
• Super Duper – East Chicago and Gary, Indiana
• Tobacco Express – South Bend, Indiana
• Zip Foods – Portage, Indiana